Topics : No-go Montenegro The event had suffered an embarrassing setback on Saturday when the planned Montenegro leg of the four-nation tour was cancelled over coronavirus protocol rules.Montenegro was due to be the third stop on June 27 and 28 after Croatia and before the conclusion in Bosnia.But organizers said the visit to the neighboring country was called off when it became apparent Serbia did not match strict health requirements.Meanwhile, asked to comment on social distancing measures during the Belgrade weekend, which witnessed packed stands, Djokovic said that both Serbia and the region had been relatively successful in containing the virus.”Of course you can criticize, you can also say this is dangerous or not, but it’s not up to me to make the calls what is health-wise right or wrong,” he told reporters, stressing he was acting in line with recommendations of the Serbian government.Balkan countries coped with the coronavirus pandemic with relative success.The region of some 22 million people registered about 24,000 infections and fewer than 800 deaths.The ATP and WTA Tours have been suspended since March due to the pandemic and will not resume at least until the end of July.Initially, the organizers in Belgrade, respecting the rules in force after the relaxation of the lockdown in Serbia, put 1,000 tickets on sale.They sold out in just seven minutes.Since then, the authorities further relaxed the lockdown and another 1,000 tickets were put on sale and they sold out almost as quickly.An additional 2,000 tickets were distributed to various sponsors. “It’s fantastic, we are the capital of the tennis world this weekend,” said Dusan Bogicevic, 25, a law student from Belgrade.However, spectators appeared to have little regard for health precautions.Each person was given a mask at the entrance to the stadium, but inside only a few wore them.Amongst the players, Zverev of Germany was happy to be back playing.”To tell you the truth I didn’t see that many people in one room in quite a while,” Zverev told a press conference.On June 20 and 21, the Adria Tour tournament will move to Zadar, on Croatia’s Adriatic coast.Djokovic will be joined there by Croatia’s 2014 US Open winner Marin Cilic and Borna Coric.The final stop in Bosnia will be in the northwestern town of Banja Luka on July 3 and 4.The tournament will close on July 5 with an exhibition match in Sarajevo between Djokovic and Bosnia’s Damir Dzumhur. Djokovic’s win against Zverev on Sunday was not enough to secure him a place in the final which saw Thiem defeat Krajinovic 4-3, 2-4, 4-2. To a standing ovation, the 33-year-old added: “I love you all and thank you so much for coming.”Third-ranked Dominic Thiem, number seven Alexander Zverev and Grigor Dimitrov, the world 19, also took part in the Adria Tour event that got underway on Saturday.The four headline stars were joined by Serbian ATP players — Viktor Troicki, Filip Krajinovic and Dusan Lajovic.Two big surprises marked the first day — Djokovic lost to Krajinovic in three sets and Dimitrov went down in two against late call-up Nikola Milojevic. Emotional Novak Djokovic broke down in tears in front of an enthusiastic home crowd in Belgrade after he failed to make the final in the first leg of his Balkans charity tennis tournament on Sunday.”I am not crying because I missed the finals. I am just overwhelmed by emotion because this reminds me of my childhood,” the world number one told 4,000 fans packed into the Novak Tennis Centre on the banks of the Danube.”It’s been an emotional few days and I want to thank everyone who supported the event and made it happen.”
Reno that needs to be seen to be believed And thus the $35,000 price tag, according to agents Felix and Peter Reitano of Felix Reitano Real Estate Ingham. Brisbane prices at bottom of cycle 14 Donald Street, Eromanga, Qld 4480This one’s on a double block 2,023sq m in size.Agent Dannielle Dunlop of Ruralco Property GDL Real Estate Dalby has it listed as being in a great location opposite the school. 24 Skinner Street, Ingham, is one of the bigger blocks in the area.“The number of bedrooms and bathrooms has been estimated,” was how they described it in the listing of 24 Skinner Street, Ingham.“Under instructions from Tony Miskiewicz and Robert Hutson as receivers appointed to certain property of Anthony Dotta Pty Ltd, the Property is offered for sale.”It’s expected to be sold “as is, where is”.It’s one of several listed in that price range across the Queensland market, located on large blocks.More from newsParks and wildlife the new lust-haves post coronavirus12 hours agoNoosa’s best beachfront penthouse is about to hit the market12 hours ago19-21 Eyre Street, Charleville, Qld 4470Further inland, at Charleville is a three-bedroom, two-bathroom, double car garage house on a large 1,287sq m block.It was listed at $40,000 by Darryl Langton, sales manager of Landmark Queensland. It does need some elbow grease.Located at 19-21 Eyre Street, the price tag speaks for itself, with the home needing some work. Keen buyers may be a bit late though with this one now under contract.Also at $40,000 is 14 Donald Street, Eromanga — a two-bedroom, one-bathroom, single car park property. 24 Skinner Street, Ingham, will need to be completed but at $35,000 is less than most home deposits.If size and price matter more to you than location than these properties starting at just $35,000 will blow your mind not your budget — though you must be willing to roll up your sleeves.The large 1,611sq m site was listed as a two-bedroom, one-bathroom, single-car park property — but the home breakdown is estimated because it’s an “uncompleted timber residence”. MORE: House that’s “as good as gold” It does have undercover parking.“Donga style home with veranda attached. Airconditioned,” was how it was described, and the vendors are pretty motivated to sell apparently and open to offers. FOLLOW SOPHIE FOSTER ON FACEBOOK
Automation of shipping and ports has been dubbed as a “marketing rush” by the president of the Maritime Union of Australia (MUA) Paddy Crumlin, while speaking in Singapore last week.According to the MUA President, and its General Secretary Stephen Cotton, consequences of automation have not been carefully thought through.The union leaders see the push for automation of the two sectors more as a form of union busting, stressing that the benefits such as higher productivity and cost effectiveness have not been proven.Even though automated ships are a long way off, MUA believes that a more balanced discussion should take place in order for various aspects of the process to be hammered out, as numerous uncertainties remain in the air.The criticism comes on the back of Wärtsilä’s testing of the remote control of ship operations.The testing, which involved driving the vessel through a sequence of maneuvers using a combination of Dynamic Positioning (DP) and manual joystick control, was carried out on August 21 off the North Sea coast of Scotland in collaboration with US-based operator Gulfmark Offshore.The remote control navigating was carried out from the Wärtsilä office located in San Diego, California, 8,000 km away.Wärtsilä’s move is just the tip of the iceberg as numerous shipping majors rush to join the automation race and the hope of reaping the advantages and efficiencies it promises.These include Rolls-Royce, NYK Line, ABS, Yara and Kongsberg,to name just a few, who have embarked upon projects aimed at bringing to the seas the first autonomous and zero emissions ship.As disclosed earlier to World Maritime News by DNV Gl’s expert Albrecht Grell, ships are becoming sophisticated sensor hubs and data generators, and advances in satellite communications are improving ship connectivity, allowing for a massive increase in the volumes of data transferred at ever-lower cost.The benefits to be reaped from the switch include combining data streams from multiple sources that will enable the industry to make informed decisions faster, leading to more efficient operations and responsive organizations.What is more, when it comes to seafarers, it is believed that remote and autonomous operations could see the transfer of seafaring jobs, requiring high levels of education and skills, from sea to remote operations centers on land and make them more attractive to young people entering the industry.Nevertheless, at this point in time, it is still too early to judge how the process would impact the workforce.World Maritime News Staff
Share LifestyleNewsPoliticsRegionalTravel Prime Ministers Browne and Gonsalves Disappointed in Harris Decision on LIAT by: Caribbean News Service – September 14, 2015 Share Share Prime Minister Gaston Browne (left and Prime Minister Ralph GonsalvesST JOHN’S, Antigua, Sep 14 2015 – Two regional prime ministers are taking issue with the refusal of St Kitts & Nevis, the sub-region’s fastest economy, to invest in LIAT.Prime Minister Gaston Browne said other countries which benefit from LIAT but do not wish to invest in it “were taking a very selfish position.”“You cannot have a situation where they continue equitably in the benefits of LIAT, but at the same time do now wish to share in any of its burden,” Browne is quoted as telling a LIAT shareholder governments’ news conference is St John’s.He reiterated his appeal for “the other countries within the region to reconsider their position.”Prime Minister Timothy Harris said recently that he would want to see LIAT demonstrate some level of financial viability before investing in it.However Gaston Brown said he has heard enough “tired excuses.”Chairman of the LIAT shareholder governments, St Vincent & the Grenadines Prime Minister Dr Ralph Gonsalves said he did not hear Dr Harris’s remarks, but promised to raise it with him when next they speak.Meanwhile, St. Kitts Tourism Minister Lindsay Grant says he fully supports the position taken by Prime Minister Harris against investing in financially troubled regional airline LIAT.Dr Harris says LIAT’s Financial troubles do not make it an attractive investment option.He says his Team Unity administration would have to be convinced that an investment in LIAT at this stage makes sense.According to the prime minister, investing in LIAT would be simply bad financial decision making.Tourism Minister Grant agrees. 337 Views one comment Tweet Sharing is caring!
An antidrug officer inspects the items seized from drug suspect Sebastian Lo during an entrapment operation in Barangay 27, Bacolod City on Feb. 6. POLICE STATION 4/BCPO Officers of Police Station 4 stagedthe entrapment operation which led to the arrest of Lo around 1:45 a.m. on Feb.6, the report added. Four sachets of suspected shabu valuedaround P21,600 were seized from 34-year-old resident Sebastian Lo, a policereport showed. PHOTO BY POLICE STATION 4/BCPO Bacolod City – Police arrested a drug suspect in a buy-bustoperation in Barangay 27. Aside from suspected illegal drugs, aP500 marked money and P400 cash were also recovered from him, police said. The suspect was detained, facingcharges for violation of Republic Act 9165, or the Comprehensive DangerousDrugs Act of 2002./PN
Indianapolis, In. — The DNR will have a strong presence at the Indianapolis Boat, Sport and Travel Show, Feb. 15-24, at the Indiana State Fairgrounds.The show is presented by Renfro Productions and opens at 1 p.m. Friday, Feb. 15.The DNR’s main location is in Tackle Town, in the Blue Ribbon Pavilion. The booth is a convenient one-stop shopping opportunity for licenses, state park passes, lake-use permits, Outdoor Indiana magazine, and a State Parks GO! (Get Outside) promotion.Biologists and Go FishIN volunteers will be on hand throughout the show to share fishing stories and hot spots, answer questions about aquatic invasive species, and share opportunities to learn and volunteer.The Live Birds of Prey from Hardy Lake’s Dwight Chamberlain Raptor Center will be presented Feb. 16 and 25, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. A “Snakes Alive, Snake Buffett” from O’Bannon Woods State Park will be offered Feb. 17 and 24 during roughly the same hours.Members of the Indiana Conservation Officers K-9 team will be offered Feb. 24, from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. The public will have an opportunity to interact with the officers and their K-9 partners. All times are subject to change.
Batesville Incident Report (53)Decatur County EMS Report (78)Decatur County Fire Report (69)Decatur County Fire Report (70)Decatur County Incident Report (77)Decatur County Jail Arrest Report (69)
“I feel like I’m a substantially better player than I was three years ago. I feel like I’ve learned a lot from this process that I’ve gone through the last two and a half years, winning the US Open, getting comfortable with deserving that US Open, getting comfortable with the player I was trying to become, acclimatising myself to being in the top 10, 20, 30 in the world, a new status in the game. “Number one scrambler on the PGA Tour this year has been a telling stat. Last year I’ll be the first to admit that my short game was not good and cost me probably the US Open (he finished one shot behind winner Webb Simpson). “Hilton Head (for the RBC Heritage) was probably the best I’ve ever felt down the stretch in a golf tournament, just believing I can win. “I’m feeling more experienced, I feel like I’m learning all the time. I’m comfortable on and off the golf course at the minute. “I’m happy with what I’m doing technically, I’m certainly happy with what’s ahead of me this year, getting married and settling down and doing all these good things in life which I feel adds to a stable mind on and off the course which has worked well for me this season.” Graeme McDowell feels he is in the form of his life as he seeks some rare success at Wentworth this week and a second major title next month. McDowell, who won the US Open at Pebble Beach in 2010, secured the Volvo World Match Play Championship by beating Thongchai Jaidee in the final at Thracian Cliffs in Bulgaria on Sunday. Coupled with his victory in the RBC Heritage last month, it means he is in top form ahead of this week’s BMW PGA Championship and June’s US Open at Merion. “I’ve got one event now before the US Open. You could say I’m in the form of my life going into an event in which certainly my record kind of speaks for itself,” said McDowell, who finished joint second at Olympic club last year, 14th in 2011, won in 2010 and was 18th in 2009. Press Association
“Petr is satisfied at Chelsea and there is interest in his services even after his playing football career – they would want him to continue in some position at the club.” Cech is currently recovering from shoulder surgery but is expected to be ready in time for the start of pre-season. “Petr is successfully continuing his recovery from his [shoulder] injury and everything is going according to the plan,” Kolar added. “He will be ready for the start of the pre-season.” Monaco and Paris St Germain are both interested in signing Petr Cech but the Chelsea goalkeeper is happy to stay at Stamford Bridge, according to the player’s agent. Cech joined Chelsea 10 years ago from French side Rennes and has gone on to establish himself as one of the most reliable stoppers in the Premier League. The 32-year-old’s future at Chelsea is in doubt, however, with rising star Thibaut Courtois expected to return after another impressive season on loan at Primera Division champions Atletico Madrid. “Paris St Germain have shown interest and we have also communicated with Monaco,” Cech’s agent Viktor Kolar is quoted as saying on Czech website Aktualne. “Nothing changes. He has two years left on his Chelsea contract and has an interest to continue there. “We have not been given any signals that Petr will be made available a nd even if that was the case you have to realise that Petr is one of the world’s top goalkeepers and has a certain salary. “There are not many clubs who could afford to sign him – i f he were to leave, we’re only talking about two or three clubs in the world. “The situation is always evolving, of course, but for now he is staying at Chelsea.” Cech has made 326 league appearances for the Blues and helped them lift three Premier League titles, four FA Cups and the Champions League. Kolar says his client is happy in London and suggested he could take up a coaching role at the club when his playing career comes to an end. “Petr isn’t 20 any more. His family are satisfied living in London,” Kolar said. Press Association
Kristy Pyke contributed to this report. Trojan Vision will broadcast its first true high definition programs today, after receiving $400,000 from the Office of the Provost to buy equipment that allows it to film, edit and broadcast in high definition.TV in HD · Cassie Bussing, a junior majoring in cinematic arts and a Trojan Vision executive producer, works at the station. Trojan Vision is available on channel 8.1. – Daily Trojan File PhotoThe station acquired four HD television cameras, two 65–inch monitors, one computer graphics machine, five Mac Pro processors, one HD video mixer, more than 20 computer monitors, a new router, master switcher, three new interface amplifiers and a vector scope for measuring color in images.The new cameras enable students working at the station to film in HD and the rest of the equipment allows them to produce, edit and broadcast the video.Trojan Vision General Manager Peter Lansworth, a junior majoring in film and television production, said the switch was a response to changes in what type of televisions people have now.“A lot of students are upgrading to HDTVs,” Lansworth said. “You don’t even see standard definition televisions being sold at major outlets now.”Though the station still used standard definition equipment, it began broadcasting its shows in HD last semester by using an “upconversion” machine.Lansworth said the process filled in missing information so standard definition images can be shown on a high definition screen.“If you’re watching a standard definition television, then it’s much more of a square than widescreen,” Lansworth said. “[The upconverter] takes that box and stretches it and adds some extra data in the places where it wasn’t before.”Television screens show images line-by-line and more lines create a sharper image. Standard definition TVs have 480 horizontal lines, whereas HDTVs have 1080 horizontal lines, so the upconverter fills in the space.Lansworth said students will notice the difference in the clarity of images.“It was a lower quality picture signal — not the crisp, sharp one you’re used to seeing on HDTV,” Lansworth said. “Now we have high definition at every step.”