Back-rower Joel Thompson has joined the club from the St George Illawarra Dragons but the team otherwise looks largely similar to the 2017 iteration.NRL.com expert Jamie Soward says:”For Trent Barrett, he’s seen the blueprint that works for Manly which is having Cherry-Evans play that six role where he can run around and play on the ball and get the ball when he wants it and having the guy alongside him who can control and kick. Croker is going to be important towards that.”He’ll be the starting six. Jackson Hastings I don’t think has quite worked out where his best position is, whether it’s fullback, halves or hooker but he’ll definitely keep the pressure on.”They got the best out of Sironen and Winterstein last year, it will come down to whether they can get the best out of them again.”NRL.com’s predicted Round 1 team:1 Tom Trbojevic, 2 Jorge Taufua, 3 Dylan Walker, 4 Brian Kelly, 5 Aku Uate, 6 Lachie Croker, 7 Daly Cherry-Evans, 8 Marty Taupau, 9 Api Koroisau, 10 Darcy Lussick, 11 Curtis Sironen, 12 Joel Thompson, 13 Jake Trbojevic. Interchange: 14 Lewis Brown, 15 Lloyd Perrett, 16 Addin Fonua-Blake, 17 Frank Winterstein. Reserves: 18 Jackson Hastings, 19 Shaun Lane, 20 Matthew Wright, 21 Jack Gosiewski.
“Once again, for the avoidance of doubt, Cristiano Ronaldo’s position has always been, and continues to be, that what happened in 2009 in Las Vegas was completely consensual.”Police in Las Vegas announced last week that they were reopening an investigation into allegations made by a former model, Kathryn Mayorga, relating to an incident in 2009.Ronaldo has vehemently denied the rape accusations.“I firmly deny the accusations being issued against me,” the 33-year-old said in a statement.“Rape is an abominable crime that goes against everything that I am and believe in.”Mayorga claims she was pressured into signing a non-disclosure agreement in 2010 to keep the alleged rape secret and is seeking at least $200,000 in penalties and damages.“Cristiano Ronaldo does not deny that he agreed to conclude an agreement,” added Christiansen.“This agreement is by no means a confession of guilt. What happened was simply that Cristiano Ronaldo merely followed the advice of his advisers in order to put an end to the insulting accusations made against him in order to avoid attempts, such as those now witnessed, to destroy a reputation built thanks to intense work, great athleticism and ethically impeccable behaviour.”Christiansen added “documents that allegedly contain statements by Cristiano Ronaldo and were reproduced in the media are pure invention”.0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today) 0Shares0000A Rome bus drives past an advertising poster for an underwear brand, showing a picture of Juventus’ Portuguese forward Cristiano Ronaldo © AFP/File / Alberto PIZZOLILISBON, Portugal, Oct 10 – Cristiano Ronaldo insisted again Wednesday that he did not rape a woman he met in a Las Vegas hotel in 2009 and that their sexual encounter was “completely consensual”, said his lawyer.“Ronaldo is forced to break his silence,” said the Juventus and Portuguese star’s lawyer Peter Christiansen in a statement released through Gestifute, the company which manages the player’s affairs.
1 Hull City owner Assem Allam has been told he can resubmit his controversial application to change the club’s name to Hull Tigers for next season.Allam is determined to rebrand the Premier League club, despite fierce opposition from supporters, and has refused to give up despite the FA Council rejecting his proposal last year.Now an arbitration tribunal has decided the Council’s decision should be set aside, clearing the way for Allam to go through the application process again.The panel said their decision was based on the “biased” involvement of Football Supporters’ Federation chairman Malcolm Clarke on the membership committee which recommended the name change be rejected.The findings of the arbitration tribunal stated: “We have concluded that the decision of the council cannot stand. We set it aside.“At this stage of the season it would be impractical and wholly inappropriate to direct the association to make a fresh decision to take effect during the current season.“The club is free to make a new application.”The tribunal’s issue over Clarke was that he based his decision only on what members of the City Till We Die supporters group wanted – the club’s now 111-year-old name to remain unchanged.The findings state: “Rather than take account of all the matters that were relevant to the decision, he decided in advance to base his decision on one, namely the support of the club’s supporters.“Bias is another description: his view was that the decision should be made in accordance with the views of the supporters instead of on a consideration of all the applicable and relevant factors.“His speech and internet posting indicated that he had already decided to reject the club’s application.”Allam said last year he would “give away” the club if he lost arbitration and could not find a buyer.
1 Ahmad Benali [left] Everton target Ahmad Benali is expected to join Palermo this week on a free transfer.The former Manchester City midfielder has been linked with a return to England but, according to Sky Italia, the 23-year-old will complete a medical in Sicily this week.The Libyan international, who was born in Manchester, came through the City youth academy but failed to make a first-team appearance and was released to join Brescia in 2012.Benali hit nine goals in 36 Serie B games for the Biancoazzurri last term.
160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MORECoach Doc Rivers a “fan” from way back of Jazz’s Jordan ClarksonBANKS: Banks and financial markets will be closed Tuesday. TRASH: Trash pickup will be delayed a day in Los Angeles and Glendale after Tuesday. Pickup will be on a regular schedule in Burbank. STORES: Some supermarkets may be open for limited hours today and Tuesday. Malls will be open. GOVERNMENT: Federal, state, county and city offices, courts, libraries and animal shelters will be closed Tuesday. Some city offices may close early today. MAIL: The U.S. Postal Service will not deliver mail Tuesday. SCHOOLS: Schools will be closed. TRANSIT: Buses and subway services in Los Angeles will run on a Sunday schedule on Tuesday, as will Santa Clarita Transit buses. Antelope Valley and Ventura County Dial-a-Route buses will not run on Tuesday. Metrolink trains will not run, except for a special schedule of the Antelope Valley Line, on Tuesday.
AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MORECasino Insider: Here’s a look at San Manuel’s new high limit rooms, Asian restaurant Full-year net income totaled $63.5 million, or $2.07 per share, up from $43.6 million, or $1.49 per share for all of 2004. Excluding the tax impact, full-year net income would have been $71.2 million, or $2.30 a share. Sales for 2005 total $661.5 million, up 15.2 percent, from $574.3 a year earlier. Jack Friedman, the company’s chairman and chief executive officer, during a conference call from the New York Toy Fair credited the record year to brand management skills, acquisitions and diverse product line. “The company enters 2006 with the most diversified product line in our history and we expect to again achieve record revenue and earnings in 2006,” he said. MALIBU – Jakks Pacific Inc. on Tuesday reported weaker fourth quarter results versus a year ago but the toy designer and consumer products maker still posted record sales and earnings for 2005. During the final three months of 2005 the Malibu-based company said it earned $9 million, equal to 30 cents a share, down from $10.5 million, 35 cents, in the comparable period of 2004. Current fourth-quarter results include a one-time impact of a higher tax rate associated with dividends paid by Hong Kong subsidiaries to the U.S.-based company. Absent this, earnings would have totaled $16.7 million, or 53 cents a share. Fourth-quarter sales were $166.3 million, down 10 percent from $184.8 million a year ago. The company has licensing rights for the entire Walt Disney Co. portfolio and has had sales success with its TV games consoles, adapting popular children’s characters into video games that plug directly into televisions. It also adapted that technology to make interactive books that appear on TV screens. Jakks also recently completed the acquisition of Creative Designs International, which makes a line of play toys like vacuums, dress-up outfits, glamour cases, tea and cookware sets, housekeeping sets, jewelry sets and other lifestyle toys for girls. “We will immediately focus on expanding their distribution both in North America and internationally. CDI’s license relationships include Disney and many other household names,” said Stephen Berman, Jakks president and chief operating officer. Friedman said that this year the company expects to increase sales to approximately $825 million and boost net income to $82 million, or $2.63 a share. But the fourth-quarter softness will carry over into this year’s first quarter with earning per share of 13 cents to 18 cents, under last’s year’s level. “We anticipate more than making it up in the balance of the year with the initiatives we have in place and based on the response from the trade on our lines,” Friedman said. Wall Street gave the company’s report a tepid response. Shares closed Monday at $22.63, down $1.47 or 6.10 percent. Gregory J. Wilcox, (818) 713-3743 email@example.com 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set!
talkSPORT bring you a handy round-up all the top headlines and transfer-related stories in Tuesday’s newspapers…Gareth Bale has agreed to join Manchester United this summer if they qualify for the Champions League, with Real Madrid president Florentino Perez reportedly frustrated with the 27-year-old’s fitness. (Diario Gol)Manchester City striker Sergio Aguero is NOT interested in a cross-city switch to Manchester United this summer. (Daily Mail)Yaya Toure, 33, could sign a contract extension at the club this summer, but he may listen to offers if he is not considered a regular first-team choice. (The Sun)Liverpool are closing in on the £25million signing of Burnley defender Michael Keane. (Daily Mirror)Reds boss Jurgen Klopp is still hopeful of signing Southampton defender Virgil Van Dijk, even though Saints boss Claude Puel says the 25-year-old will not be leaving. (Daily Star)Tottenham are considering a move to re-sign defender Adam Smith from Bournemouth this summer if right-back Kyle Walker does not commit his future to the club. (Daily Mirror)?Everton will make a £10million offer for Sunderland goalkeeper Jordan Pickford this summer. (The Sun)However, it is claimed the Black Cats are seeking £30million as they bid to rebuild and return to the Premier League at the first attempt. (Daily Express)Malaga forward Sandro Ramirez, 21, could move to Everton for as little as £5m this summer – despite scoring 14 LaLiga goals this season. (Liverpool Echo)?Borussia Dortmund director of football Michael Zorc has been approached about taking in a job in the Premier League, with Arsenal believed to be interested in the German. (TeleFootball)Here are the latest talkSPORT.com headlines:Harry Redknapp tells talkSPORT there is ‘every chance’ he will stay at Birmingham City after steering them to Championship safetyRene Meulensteen insists Romelu Lukaku is NOT the complete striker and is not good enough to lead Manchester United’s attackLISTEN: Stephane Henchoz says John Stones ‘can’t defend’ and doubts whether England man will play for Manchester City next seasonExclusive – Alan Mullery says Brighton have been ‘absolutely magnificent’ this season and insists missing out on title does not matterInter Milan ready to offer Antonio Conte a huge contract as they refuse to give up on Chelsea boss – reportsChelsea transfer ALERT! Real Madrid striker Alvaro Morata tells agent to secure him summer move to Stamford BridgeSouthampton FC news: Claude Puel insists Virgil van Dijk WILL be at St Mary’s next seasonArsenal FC transfer news: Wojciech Szczesny plans to return to the Premier League next seasonReal Madrid have reportedly won the £38million race for Brazilian starlet Vinicius JuniorRomelu Lukaku latest: Everton star favours Manchester United move over return to Chelsea – reports
Live Scoring DES MOINES, Iowa – The Drake University women’s golf team travels to Tulsa, Okla. on Monday to play in the Bob Hurley ORU Shootout at Meadowbrook Country Club. The 54-hole event hosted by Oral Roberts features 18 teams including; Arkansas State, Drake, Grand Canyon, Houston Baptist, Incarnate Word, Lamar, McLennan CC, North Dakota, Northern Iowa, Oklahoma Christian, Oklahoma City, Oral Roberts, Sam Houston State, Stephan F. Austin, Texas A&M-Corpus Christi, UTEP, Utah Valley and Wichita State. Story Links Print Friendly Version The teams will play 36 holes on Monday, beginning at 8 a.m. Tuesday’s shotgun start is set for 8 a.m. In the Bulldogs last outing, they finished in 13th-place at the Cardinal Classic earlier this week. Sophomore Grace Dunn fired a 76 for the lowest round of the final day for the Bulldogs and finished tied for 19th-place with a total score of 226 (76-74-76). Junior Madison Glennie and freshmen Aimee Gerschke andSigurlaug Jonsdottir each shot a 78 on the last day. Glennied finished the 54-hole event with a total score of 233 (76-79-76) while Gerschke recorded a 236 (78-80-78). After having a scoring issue on the first day, Jonsdottir tallied a 36-hole total of 159 (81-78), followed by junior Brooke Miller with a score of 164 (80-84).
The South Fork softball team brought home its second North Coast Section Division-VI championship in as many years, beating visiting Laytonville 18-0 in five innings Saturday afternoon at South Fork High.“I’m so proud of this team,” South Fork’s head coach Lisa Todd said. “The girls have worked so hard all season and I feel like we finally put it all together today. Everything we did was on point from our fielding to our pitching, hitting and base-running.”No. 1 seeded South Fork carried a …
Having trouble wrapping your head around the different types of video codecs? Learn how they work in this helpful masterclass.While it may not be entirely necessary to understand exactly how codecs work to use them, it certainly helps when trying to figure out the best way to shoot and share your film. Codecs are a program or software used to code and decode a video signal. They come in a variety of flavors.If you’re new to post production, codecs can be rather confusing. Instead of reading through overly technical articles on Wikipedia, check out this video created by David Kong. The video above explains codecs at a fundamental level, including:Types of CodecsBit DepthChroma SubsamplingTemporal CompressionBit RateIf you feel inspired to learn more about codecs or if you don’t have 45 extra minutes to watch this masterclass check out our “Compressed Explanation of Video Compression”, where we skim the surface of compression and codecs.Anything you’ve learned about codecs that you would like to share? Let us know in the comments below.