ST GEORGE’S, Grenada (CMC):FIFA has suspended Grenada’s senior men’s national football coach Anthony Modeste for four games and fined him more than US$10,000 for misconduct against match officials.The Disciplinary Committee, comprising of Claudio Sulser of Switzerland as chairman, and members Jim Shaw of Northern Ireland, Ariel Alvarado of Panama, and Cristian Varela of Chile, handed down its decision on July 23. The ruling was communicated to the Grenada Football Association (GFA) last week.The Spice Boyz coach is accused of breaching the FIFA Disciplinary Code by committing an unsporting conduct towards a match official during their World Cup preliminary round game against Puerto Rico in June.According to FIFA, Modeste, who received a red card during the first-leg preliminary game against Puerto Rico in the 2018 FIFA World Cup on June 12, will miss Grenada’s third-round qualifying games against Haiti next month.FIFA said that the automatic match suspension was already served when Grenada played Puerto Rico on June 16 in St George’s and in light of the fact that Grenada has qualified for the next round of the preliminary competition, Modeste will be served two match suspensions against Haiti on September 4 and 8.The governing body said that the remaining match suspension will have to be served if Grenada qualify for round four of the competition.However, if Grenada does not qualify for the subsequent round of the preliminary competition of the FIFA World Cup 2018, the remaining match suspension will be carried over to Grenada’s next official match.Modeste is also fined US$9,000 in application of the ruling and US$1,000 for the proceedings. He has 30 days from the date of notification of the decision to pay the fine.
The 7 division event will feature approximately 70 skaters, ranging in age from 5-15.Skaters compete in one of two styles of racing, either Olympic style or mass start.As a result of the competition, the speed skating track will be shut down to the public.- Advertisement -Eneregeticcity.ca will have the event results following the competition.
Cllr James Pat Mc Daid has called on the Minister for Transport to reinstate Strategic road monies and LIS grants for Donegal.Cllr James Pat McDaidHe said that it has been too long for roads like Letterkenny to Glenties, Ramelton to Letterkenny and roads like the Back of Errigal getting no funding for realignmnent works.He said it is a huge loss to the county and numerous roads across the county need extensive repairs and upgrading to be made safer. He also called for the reinstatement of grants for the LIS roads which is a major issue especially in rural parts of Donegal.Some of these roads have not been done now for 10-15 years and are deteriorating rapidly and in a state of disrepair.“These small country laneways need to be maintained and this grant must be reinstated because people simply cannot afford to fix it by themselves as there is just too many taxes and charges now a days . They use to be a 90% grant for these laneways and many people benefitted from this when it was accessible.”Mc Daid added that he did not accept previous responses from the Minister saying that the Council roads budget could be top sliced for LIS roads, we cannot afford to do this in Donegal our roads are currently under funded and could make the annual roads budget any smaller to facilitate LIS roads. He said leading up to the General Election commitments should be made by all parties for the reinstatement of these grants as it is a huge issue right across the whole of Donegal and he’s hoping that he will play a leading role in the campaign.Cllr McDaid has also hammered into Govt. road spending of €27bn plan, which it says will create 45,000 construction jobs.“There is not one red cent for for key roads like the Letterkenny to Lifford road and indeed the Bonagee link road for Letterkenny.“These are major road projects that are badly needed and its very disappointing to see the Government to ignore them once again,” he said.“The grand plan includes a series of new road and schools programmes, as well as the construction of a new Metro North rail line. But we have been left behind yet again up here in Donegal where it is needed most,” he added. DONEGAL ROADS NEED MONEY NOT PROMISES – McDAID was last modified: October 2nd, 2015 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)Tags:Cllr Jams Pat McDaidROADS