Egypt casts a tall shadow and this last week’s protests have captured the world’s attention. But it is far from the only country to take heart from Tunisia’s revolution and go out into the streets. Yemen has called for tomorrow, February 3, to be its own “Day of Rage.” In conjunction with local online news site YemenPortal, polymath activist group MidEast Youth, probably best known for the Free Kareem campaign (they did, eventually), has launched an English and an Arabic version of its Crowdvoice software and website to capture information about tomorrow’s protests in Yemen. Tags:#Government#international#politics#user-generated content#web Related Posts A Web Developer’s New Best Friend is the AI Wai… curt hopkins CrowdVoice allows readers to read, and contribute to, a user-generated, dynamic aggregation of information on a specific topic. Iranian-American activist and Daily Beast contributor Reza Aslan called it a “powerful tool for discovering voices of dissent.”Features include a blog widget to funnel contributions to a user’s site and the ability to subscribe. In Yemen, protests have been taking place almost daily since the middle of last month in the Yemeni capital of Sanaa. That on January 27th is said to have been attended by as many as 16,000 protesters. Like Tunisia and Egypt, a major demand of the protesters is an end to the 32-year rule of its president, Ali Abdullah Saleh. A constitutional amendment currently before the legislature would legalize Saleh’s lifetime occupation of that office. Unlike both Tunisia and Egypt, the strongest voice calling for this day of concerted protest doesbelong to the representative of an Islamist group. In addition to being a senior member of the Islamist-influenced opposition Al-Ishah party, Tawakel Karman, is also an activist and the founder of the non-governmental organization Women Journalists Without Chains. She was arrested on January 22nd and held for several days before being released. Esra’a Al-Shahei, founder of MidEast Youth, said the protests do not seem any more “Islamist-led” than those in Tunisia or Egypt. “My personal opinion (is) it isn’t being led by Islamists at all. Women’s rights defenders appear to be the forefront of many of these protests.”The day has generated its own hashtag, #feb3, a Yemeni version of Egypt’s #jan25.Disclosure: MidEast Youth provided server space for the Committee to Protect Bloggers, which I founded. I have also worked with them briefly on other projects. While the editor at CPB, I covered the travails of YemenPortal. Top Reasons to Go With Managed WordPress Hosting Why Tech Companies Need Simpler Terms of Servic… 8 Best WordPress Hosting Solutions on the Market
Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. MOST READ World Peace has a son named Jeron Artest, who was born to a Filipina mother.Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next NGCP on security risk: Chinese just technical advisers Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss PLAY LIST 02:49Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games01:44Philippines marks anniversary of massacre with calls for justice01:19Fire erupts in Barangay Tatalon in Quezon City01:07Trump talks impeachment while meeting NCAA athletes02:49World-class track facilities installed at NCC for SEA Games “I’m finally going to Manila, Philippines.. August 11th.. 1st time ever…” World Peace posted on Monday (Manila time).The 37-year-old World Peace, formerly known as Ron Artest before legally changing his name in 2011, last played with the Los Angeles Lakers.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSSEA Games: Biñan football stadium stands out in preparedness, completionSPORTSPrivate companies step in to help SEA Games hostingSPORTSWin or don’t eat: the Philippines’ poverty-driven, world-beating pool starsWorld Peace, who was a 16th overall pick by the Chicago Bulls in the 1999 NBA Draft, played 19 seasons in the NBA and suited up for six different teams.His best years was with the Indiana Pacers where he became an All-Star, All-NBA Third Team member and was awarded as Defensive Player of the Year in 2004 but he won his only championship in 2010 during his first go-around with the Lakers. National Coffee Research Development and Extension Center brews the 2nd National Coffee Education Congress View comments Robredo should’ve resigned as drug czar after lack of trust issue – Panelo FILE – Los Angeles Lakers’ Metta World Peace makes his way down the court during the second half of an NBA basketball game against the Houston Rockets in Los Angeles, Tuesday, Jan. 3, 2012.Former NBA star Metta World Peace is set to visit Manila for the first time.In a tweet, World Peace said he will be in town on Aug. 11.ADVERTISEMENT Church, environmentalists ask DENR to revoke ECC of Quezon province coal plant LATEST STORIES Lacson: SEA Games fund put in foundation like ‘Napoles case’ Meralco, Rain or Shine swap Gilas cadets FEU Auditorium’s 70th year celebrated with FEU Theater Guild’s ‘The Dreamweavers’ Trump strips away truth with hunky topless photo tweet DILG, PNP back suspension of classes during SEA Games
Please see the attached document for 2012 NYC Referee Nomination guidelinesRelated Files2012_nyc_-_referee_nomination_information-pdfRelated LinksNYC Referee Noms
zoom Swiss-based container shipping major Mediterranean Shipping Company (MSC) has signed an agreement to buy Hanjin Shipping’s stake in a container terminal at California’s Port of Long Beach, according to Yonhap News Agency.Namely, the Seoul Central District Court has reportedly given its nod to the contract with MSC, under which Hanjin will sell its 54 percent stake in terminal operator Total Terminals International (TTI).Although the financial terms of the deal were not revealed, the stake in TTI was earlier estimated to be worth more than KRW 400 billion (USD 344.5 million).The remaining 46 percent stake in the terminal operator is already held by MSC.Yonhap said that the contract still needs to receive approvals from a US court, as well as the US port authority.A spokesperson from MSC said that Hanjin, Terminal Investment Limited (TIL) and Hyundai Merchant Marine (HMM) “are progressing approvals for completion of a Purchase and Sale Agreement related to the Hanjin interests in TTI.”The spokesperson added that the parties “expect that all approvals will be achieved by early January 2017.”At the beginning of December, MSC and South Korea’s carrier HMM jointly submitted a bid to acquire the stake the Long Beach container terminal.The latest sale comes a month after the bankrupt South Korean container carrier Hanjin Shipping sold its Asia-US route network to South Korean shipping company Korea Line Corp., part of SM Group, for KRW 37 billion.Scheduled to be finalized on January 5, 2017, the deal includes Hanjin’s business network and client information related to the route and subsidiaries and logistics management systems in seven countries.World Maritime News Staff
APTN National NewsThe head of Manitoba’s child welfare system admits the agency could have done a better job for Tina Fontaine.Fontaine, 15, was pulled from Winnipeg’s Red River Aug. 17, 2014. She was a ward of the province who was living in a hotel, after being placed there by the province.APTN’s Dennis Ward has more.
Kieran Trippier made his international debut less than one year ago – and now, he is about to be included in England’s starting eleven in the upcoming World Cup in Russia.The Tottenham Hotspur full-back admitted that the last year has been a bit crazy for him as he was called up to the national team for the first time and now, he is about to be given a chance to play in the World Cup.Trippier spoke about his current feelings as he said, according to tottenhamhotspur.com:Pochettino admits Wanyama remains in his Spurs plans Manuel R. Medina – September 14, 2019 Kenyan international, Victor Wanyama, was the protagonist of a summer transfer saga, but in the end, he is set to stay at Tottenham Hotspur.“I made my England debut last year and if I thought then about having the chance to go to the World Cup and even starting…it’s an unbelievable feeling.”“I grew up watching the World Cup and to now actually be a part of it, I’m speechless really.”“To be involved in a World Cup, just to be there and part of the squad and now people talking that I could start, it’s incredible. I can’t wait and whatever happens, I’ll give my all.”
Chelsea boss Antonio Conte has declared and insists he is the coach of Chelsea despite their pursuit of Maurizio Sarri, reports in England claims.There have been reports that Chelsea will replace Conte with Sarri and the claims have thickened up as there were reports today that Sarri will be confirmed Chelse boss next week. However, the former Italy CT made it obvious he was no longer happy at Stamford Bridge which made supporters and fans expect he’d leave this summer.The blues are yet to agree on a fee with Napoli, where Sarri is still under contract even though Chelsea is yet to terminate Conte’s contract too.Maurizio Sarri satisfied despite Juventus’ draw at Fiorentina Andrew Smyth – September 14, 2019 Maurizio Sarri was satisfied with Juventus’ performance on Saturday afternoon after finishing a tough game at Fiorentina 0-0.On the other hand, a member of Chelsea’s technical staff told the players to report for pre-season fitness tests this weekend but Conte made it clear that he doesn’t want the squad back together until Monday, and that he still very much considers himself the man in charge, according to Football Italia.This means Conte is not even planning to resign from the position, which would leave the Premier League side having to pay off his contract in full, as well as those of all his staff.While Sarri is piping low until his deal to take over matures, it appears Chelsea are not so keen at resolving things with either Conte or Napoli.